Friday, October 1, 2010

Blog # 5 Interview

I decided to conduct a small interview, about women chose to bare children or not. The lady i questioned was my mother-in-law. I asked her was Daniel my fiance a planned pregnancy or unplanned and she said no. She and her husband had decided not to have children; she wanted to be well off into a career and have a stable home previous to having any children. On the other hand her husband was totally against having children because he was apart of a big family, he was the 11th child out of eleven. I guess back in those days having a big family was the trend, anyhow this affected him he never really mentioned to anyone why and how being the youngest out of 11 kids affected his opinion on having children, but his wife told me it might have been because he never had a room or anything of his own. Maybe he did not want his children to end up like that. I asked her if she believed in using contraceptives and if that was the reason for her unplanned pregnancy. They both agreed on using some kind of birth control, but was not really sure what was out there and how effective if was going to be. The used condoms, but decided to discontinue the use, because it took away from the pleasure of lovemaking, so they resorted to rhythm method and it resorted to an unplanned pregnancy. I asked her if she had ever decided to terminate the pregnacy, carry it full term and give it up for adoption or keep it she told me " I never thought about abortion, but I did think about giving up for adoption, but that only lasted 2 hours after he was born because I saw the look on Larry's' face when he was holding Daniel and could not do it anymore"

So for my mother-in-law it was an unplanned and somewhat unwanted pregnancy. Family planning has to be a mutual thing because if one person does not want to have a child it could cause friction in a relationship. Once she had Daniel she decided to have one more child so that he could have someone to play with. She only has two boys and decided that two was enough and that she would not be able to handle more children. She wanted to have a stable career and home to bring children up in.

I personally am very hesitant about having children, but I know I want to have them I just do not know when, but I know how many. I only want two children because I know that my first pregnacy is going to be rough for me because of my health issuse. I to want to have a proper home and career before having children and have decided to use and IUD for birth control.  Having children is a life time commitment and you have to be ready to make informed decisions about having a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment