Friday, September 24, 2010

Blog # 4 P.S. Mirena

Although,  I do not believe in oral contraception have decided that once I get married that I want to wait until 3 years after marriage to start a family, this way it allows me a significant amount of time to start a career and to make sure that I am emotional and finacially prepared for children.I suffer from bulimia and would hate to have a relapse during pregnancy and harm the baby; so my fiance and I have deciced to use Mirena. Mirena is a vaginal contreceptive that is inserted into the vagina and releseases hormones that kill the sperm; it can be left in side for up to 3-5 years and just like all other birthcontrol methods have side affects.




This is a picture of Mirena inside of the vagina.It reduces endometrium,it creates a mucus barrier,and it stops the sperm from fertilizing the egg. Just like an oral contreceptive it can reduce or stop periods, in some cases 1 out of 5 women will stop having a period.

No comments:

Post a Comment